Saturday 14 November 2009

How I made my first million


Many people think it is impossible to gain financial freedom, and they are content to just live an ordinary life, living paycheck to paycheck. I have never believed this and have always thought there was a way to make the money I have always dreamed of making and live the dream. I was never taught the secret of getting rich, I think I kind of made it up as I went along. I dreamed of cars and houses and holidays every year, and I one day thought to myself, there is no way I am ever going to achieve this unless I put my back into it and get up and make that money for myself. I tried most things to be honest, until I realised that it was staring me in the face, the only thing I have ever been good at is writing so I looked at the writing prospects I already had and thought about ways I could generate more income from them. I wrote to all my clients at the time and told them I was increasing my fee for each article I wrote, half of them objected and broke their contracts with me and half of them agreed and I increased my fee by 40 per cent. Having realised I could get what I wanted by just asking, I realised the power was within me to make my dreams come to reality.

I went on a mission and founded my writing agency while I was pregnant with my son, I started advertising for writers, and passed on the information to my existing clients that I was starting a writing agency and that if they needed any writers they could come to me and I would supply with quality writers and take the hassle out of their recruitment process. I had `10 clients in 2 weeks and over 100 writers on my books desperate for work. This is when the money really started rolling in, it got to a point where I had to do some of the work myself because I didn't have enough writers on my books.

I made £1.7 million in pure profits from the beginning of 2008 to October 2009. So that is just over a year of slogging it out and working like a dog and I achieved that. This shows that anything is possible. This is why I am now on a mission to prove that I can make even more money online. Ladies lets get this money! There is so much to be made, we should never limit ourselves. The sky and beyond!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment